Iowa Assessments Start Monday, March 30, 2015
The Iowa Assessments will be given starting Monday, March 30, 2015 for all 3rd-5th Grade Students at Windsor Elementary. The standardized test aims to measures student proficiency in different academic areas. Testing will be done in small chunks of time over two weeks starting Monday, March 30, 2015.
We encourage families to help support their children by:
- making sure your child gets 10 hours of sleep each night.
- your child has a breakfast with at least a carbohydrate and a protein.
- encouraging them to do their personal best (avoid comparisons to siblings or classmates).
- making doctor’s appointments for outside of the testing time.
- encouraging students to do their best (not giving up, going middle speed, checking for mistakes).
- having their child present each day at school for testing (if they do not have a fever or have not vomitted).
Thank you for your support!